Friday, January 6, 2017

My Intentions Were Good

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

So finally, I have the chance to sit and blog.

My intentions last year were to write here at least once a week. Unfortunately, that didn't exactly happen the way I planned. Sometimes I just needed a rest, other times I just found myself too busy. Not exactly the way I wanted my last year to go.

There have been several times when things haven't gone exactly as I intended. I find myself wondering about different things and lose my focus. Maybe I let a little bit of laziness get in the way. In any case, here I am again with good intentions. I plan to get back to my writing. It is something I enjoy doing and is a good outlet for me.

I am excited for what 2017 has in store for me. Much like a lot of us are. I know some of us were just plain frustrated with 2016. Frustrated because maybe the election didn't turn out exactly the way we wanted. Frustrated because several actors/actresses passed away. Frustrated because life has a funny way of being down right awful at times.

The thing is God has good plans for us. He doesn't want harm to come our way, but when it does He has a way to help us turn it into good. He doesn't want us to be not prosperous, but when it happens He has blessings in store we just may have to look a little harder for them.

So as we journey through another year, crossing off the days of 2017 let us keep in mind that God has good plans and we need to put our hope in Him. After all, God knows everything about us, shouldn't He be the one we look to when things go crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment