Friday, May 20, 2016

Overcoming the Flesh

Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Romans 7:25 NIV

Have you ever had a thought pop in your head that didn't come from you? There a have been a few times this has happened to me. Most of the times the thoughts are great ideas. There have been a few times though a thought crosses my mind and I know in an instant this is not my thought or God's. This thought has come from Satan himself.

Immediately, I ask God to remove this from my head because I know clearly this is not something I would do. I ask him to remove it from my brain and throw it as far as the east is from the west. He does, so it is very surprising when several months have passed and this same sinful thought comes into my head again.

Concern fills me. Why can't this temptation just go away forever? I don't plan on acting on it, it's not in my nature. I ask God to remove it again, but the fear is there that it will return.

"Why does it?" I wonder. Could it be that God is about to move in a big way if I allow Him? Is that why Satan is trying to stop me?

Am I becoming a slave to my thoughts? Worried that it'll happen again?

Temptation is all around us, always lurking to suck us in. What better way is there for Satan to gain some points than for a person who claims to be a Christian to fall into sin? The media is always on the look out for a good person to fall into temptation.

The thing is we are all sinful, if we say we aren't we are only deceiving ourselves. "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:8-9

I don't know about you much I'd much rather admit what I've done or not done and be purified. So God purify me and help me to be a light for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment