Thursday, January 7, 2016

Here We Go Again

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. Those have come so that your faith--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:6-7 NIV

To me it was a rather simple appointment, simply one test to confirm what I suspected I had. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I ended up with a more thorough exam taking much longer than I planned. This resulted in another test a few days later to confirm what the doctor suspected.

Fifteen years ago I was also in an exam room, this time I knew I had a problem so when the extra tests were needed I wasn't surprised. Of course when a doctor mentions tumor or cysts one's mind goes to the "C" word. The word most of us fear, especially when the night before someone shared she has the dreadful "C" word.

My journey fifteen years ago resulted in a surgery and the removal of a fibroid cyst the size of a basketball. It was my first trip to the hospital when the removal of something wasn't a baby. Luckily for me, this cyst was non-cancerous.

Fear once again returned with this recent trip the doctor, this time I had no idea there was this type of problem. Of course now after researching online, most of the symptoms I've had all line up with what the doctor suspected. For me the news of more cysts came as a relief, since I thought it was just a sign of getting older.

Now the question is what lies ahead? I know the Lord will guide me as to the right choices to make. For now I am going to try some natural methods of dealing with these pesky invaders of my body and hopefully no surgeries will be needed. I am greatly relieved it isn't the "C" word.

I know I'm not the only one who has had to deal with these cysts or any type of illness. I know some have lost their fight with illnesses. This little trial isn't really going to be to big a deal in the overall scheme of things. I will try to rejoice as I face what lies ahead, because my faith is genuine I have hope that I will overcome all things with God by my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment