Thursday, January 21, 2016

An Unknown Error

"Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression." Psalm 19:13 NIV

"Oh no, I can't believe I did that," I gasped as I realized I had driven earlier in the day without my license.

Immediately, I tried to rectify the situation. I texted my husband who had my license. We had recently gone to a concert, and I didn't want to carry my purse so I handed him my license for safe keeping. Apparently, it was still safely tucked away in his wallet.

"I still have your license," came the text from my husband later that day. I had now driven to a class(after his return home) and he was letting me know that once again my license was safely in his wallet and not in mine.

"Oh my, twice in one day this certainly isn't good." Upon my return home my license was finally safely returned to my wallet. One would have thought that would be the end of it.

My next journey out though, I completely forgot my wallet which led me to once again drive without my license on my possession. Oh the shame of my error.

This made me wonder how many times have I made a mistake and not even been aware of it until later? It isn't easy to always make the right decisions or do the right things. This verse is asking the Lord to keep him/her from willfully sinning, helping him/her to make the right choices.

Maybe I can ask the same of the Lord, and hopefully, I won't drive around without my license again or do something I will later regret.




No comments:

Post a Comment