Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting in the Drawer

Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls ever before me. Isaiah 49:15b-16 NIV

They sit in the drawer patiently waiting for their turn. Several are before them, slowly the others get used finally, it's their turn but they get left and the one under them gets used. Over and over again this happens. I feel sorry for them. I don't have the heart to throw them away. In fact, I usually don't overlook them I use them.


When I ask my family why they don't use those two spoons, they say "they taste funny" or "they're rough." Well if you fell in the disposal and forgotten until the disposal's turned on, you'd be a little beat up too. The spoons are slightly discolored, rough and don't shine anymore, but they still work.

There have been times when I've been overlooked or forgotten. Growing up when teams were chosen, I'd always be picked last. New school years didn't usually bring me new friends at least not right away. On the school bus I'd be the one sitting in the seat by myself. I never got the lead in any play. Even cover dish dinners would leave me sitting at the table by myself.

Things are a bit different now, funny how becoming a pastor's wife leads people to sit with you. Even at community cover dishes I never sit alone.

Sometimes though on occasion I still feel forgotten much like the spoons in my drawer. Maybe that's why I feel so sorry for them.

Comfort comes to me though when I remember that God never will forget me. He is always there for me watching over me as I wait my turn and even if I'm skipped, I know He will continue to use me for the glory of His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment