Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I Am a Follower

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV

Tears have filled my eyes once again as I am finishing up "Not a Fan." This Bible study series as certainly made me think.

A fan cheers and encourages the team on. A fan shows up for the games, but at times stops following when the team isn't performing to his/her expectations. Sure being a fan is fun, but is it what Jesus wants from you?

A follower will follow when times are tough. A follower will follow when everyone wants to go the other way. A follower loves God no matter what.

For me to be a true follower of God, I have to live a life that is pleasing to Him. In order to please Him, I have at times had to make tough decisions. Decisions that have cost me friendships or have caused me not to participate in some activities. Sometimes the desire to serve God, has cost me things I once enjoyed.

I don't regret for one minute totally serving God. He is worth the cost. My faith in Him is strong-I know that through Him all things can be accomplished. I have a hope in Christ, a hope that doesn't fail. Even when everything seems to being going wrong and money is in short supply. Especially when things keep falling apart, my hope that God will work it all is strong.

Mostly though I love God with all my heart, soul, and mind. So I proud to say, I am a follower of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment