Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Finally, The Day has Arrived

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 NIV

Relief-I am so glad this day has arrived! It"ll mean the end to all the negative ads, to all the extra phone calls, and an end to all the extra mail.

I understand the need to campaign and to try to get people to choose you. What I don't understand is why the need to bash the other opponent? All long I have said, "just tell me what you stand for and what plans you have."

This past weekend I heard several others who have felt the same. In fact, just last night someone shared how the negative ads are really just adult bullying. She made a great point.

Now not all of those who were running for election ran negative ads. There were a few who paid attention and told us what they stood for. Occasionally, even one who was smearing the other opponent; didn't. It was at these times when I actually paid attention to what was being said.

I wonder, when did we turn into a nation where bad mouthing others leads us to victory? What happened to encouraging others? What happened to showing us who you really are?


I used my right to vote today, and I hope the people I chose win. If not it won't be because I didn't try. This process of choosing is a privilege. Our leader's aren't put there because they were born into a certain family. They weren't put there because they killed someone and that gave them the right to be in charge.

No, the people who run our country are chosen. I hope they remember that every time they have to make a decision that affects us.

Next election, could we please just stick to the facts and not pull up people's past records? I believe a lot of us would appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment