Tuesday, September 3, 2013

God's Hope Shinning Down

You,  O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18:28 NIV


Riding in the van the other day God spoke to me. This summer we have had our fair share of rain, the gloomy days bring about gloominess and dread. On this particular night the dark clouds were there, but so was the light. God's light offering hope.

We all go through a lot of things, some of them good things and some of them bad things. A lingering illness can bring anybody down. It's not fun to have to endure day after day not feeling well. Not being able to do the things you enjoy or even the things you don't really enjoy.

A struggling marriage. Not wanting to come home and have to deal with the fighting, the hurtful words, or the silence. There seems no hope and love-ha, how did I ever love this person? How can I live this way day after day?

Money or the lack of it. There's never enough money to pay the bills. As soon as it's earned it's already gone. How did I get so behind on the bills? Will my lights even be on when I get home from work? The big truck driving down the road at night wakes you from your slumber. Are they coming to take my vehicle tonight. Will I still have a roof over my head or food to eat?

God is here to help you through the storms of life. He shines His light for all to see. All you have to do is reach out to Him. He wants to help you.

He's been there for me, and will continue to be there. I just need to seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment