Tuesday, September 10, 2013

One Minute Joy, The Next Sorrow

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

"OK, Lord I've asked you to stop the rain. Apparently you don't think that's a good idea," I tried to reason with God as we were once again stuck in the rain. My husband and I were trying to enjoy our evening at Night of Joy even though it had turned into a Night of Soggy.

We stood there waiting for a concert to start amongst the crowd. It was 40 minutes pass the start time and I was getting upset. My feet were aching, I was in my newly bought rain smock, and I just have had enough with rain. Finally we broke free and went to ride rides of course 10 minutes later the concert I really wanted to see began. Oh well.

Funny how just a couple of days before I was praising God.

I have to attend these mandatory meetings once a year. This year though they only gave me a couple weeks notice and the Saturday of the mandatory meeting was already booked. I really didn't want to change my plans, after all I was planning to visit my grandma.

I called to see about rescheduling, no problem because they offer a couple of Saturday trainings. This time though the date conflicted with something I really wanted to go to. Something that has been on my calendar for six months. Now comes that priority thing I've learned about. Go see grandma or go to conference. I decided to miss the conference.

I really wanted to go this year too. I hadn't been in two years. I sent a message to see about getting a refund. Then while waiting to hear back, the people in charge of the mandatory meeting called me back. She had told me the wrong date, it was the Saturday before the one she told me.

Wow! God had worked it out without me even asking. He knew where I needed to be and where my heart wanted to be. He does indeed have good plans.

Hopefully, I can remember that the next time I'm stuck in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment