Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Green Sludge

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed." John 8:34-36 NIV

The green in the pool was pretty bad. We began the process of getting it clean: turn the filter on 24 hours a day, add the chlorine, brush the pool down. There was hope the next day the green shade was a little lighter, so chlorine was added again. The next day though the pool was as green as before.

The process was done again and again. Water samples were taken to the pool supply store. They sent home directions on exactly how to get the water clear. Occasionally, there was hope a glimmer of blue and then right back to green. A new filter was bought and a pool vacuum.

Next, some water was drained off and replaced in hopes that a foot of new water would help. Again the chemical process was done and once again it failed. Finally, the decision was made to completely drain and refill the pool. There was hope as it refilled and looked clear. Unfortunately, once it was completely filled there was once again a hint of green. Why was this happening still? Somehow though, it cleared up and the pool is usable once again.

Having a green pool made me think of a time of when I held my secret from God. Was there something I wasn't doing or admitting? How could I hide my sin away from Him or anyone else? I could try to clean it up, but still it lingered there taunting me. It wasn't until I admitted my problem to Him, that it was finally completely gone and cleaned up.

Now I am truly free indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment