Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Answer

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Matthew 6:8 NIV

How long does it usually take before you realize you've been given an answer to a prayer? This time for me it was thirteen hours. I wonder how many other answers I've missed?

God tells us to ask, all we have to do is ask. So a couple of weeks ago I asked. I finished a Christian fiction book awhile ago, and since then been trying to figure out to do with it.

I've joined a writer's group and have learned a lot. One of the things I learned was to get it professionally edited. Another thing is a publisher probably won't do anything with it unless I've made a name for myself. So after a lesson on how to make the story into an e-book, I believe this is the way to go.

So this has been in my mind for almost a year now, the thing holding me back is the professional editing. Now to be professionally edited cost money. There never seems to be any extra money for me to be able to do this.

Two weeks ago I finally surrendered to God, if this is his will for me then he's going to need to provide us with the extra money. Simple enough.

So one day last week, we get our mortgage yearly statement. The one where they tell you the new payment schedule. This usually comes with an increase to our payment. This time though something was different-a check was attached. We paid more into our escrow account then needed, so we got a refund.

I about passed out, I mean we never get money back from the mortgage company. Maybe one other time in our twenty-one plus years of having a mortgage. I excitedly showed my husband. We thought about the things to do with it-finish January's bills, put it back into savings.

Never once did I remember my prayer. That was until the Lord hit me over the head in the shower. He kindly reminded me of my prayer! I even checked back in my journal, and recalled the day I asked. This obviously why we received the money.

I wonder how many other times I've missed an answer to my prayers. God's blessings are around, and He does give them. I just need to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment