Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Answered Prayer

Ask and it will be given unto you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7 NIV

Hard to believe it's been that long, but it has. Sixteen years ago I received an answer to my prayer. A prayer I had been praying for almost three years.

The asking was the easy part. The seeking and growing came later. Funny, as I look back at receiving this answer to prayer it was a blessing during one of the darkest times of my life.

I had stopped paying the mortgage, after robbing Peter to pay Paul, the money did indeed run out. My finances were in an utter mess. In fact, I really didn't know how much longer we would even have a place to live. Some days I didn't even know what we were going to eat.

This day though sixteen years ago, brought me hope. It was a time when I knew God loved me and he cared. He gave us a beautiful baby girl, quite a blessing after two boys. Deep down I knew God had given us a daughter, it was just nice to know it was confirmed.

He taught me things during my pregnancy that helped me to fall on my knees to him when the day came when we were served with papers. Papers that said our home was going to be foreclosed on.

One lesson I remember well was the day we were going to have an ultrasound. I never had one with my other pregnancies and thought it'd be nice to have one with this one. Maybe God answered my prayer. Instead at our ultrasound, our little baby didn't cooperate. She wouldn't let anyone see she was a girl. God said. "Diana, you know I answered your prayer trust in your instincts."

Soon after our daughter's birth, I surrendered all to God. He has answered many prayers since. Sometimes with a "yes' and sometimes with a "no." He saved our home, but mostly he saved me and has blessed me with even more than I could ask for.

1 comment:

  1. and you are so faithful to be a blessing to others... thanks for sharing your story
    Deb D.

    ReplyDelete