Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Little Assurance

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:18-19

When she's put down to soon after she's dropped off, she will sit there and cry until I come over, pick her up, and give her a hug. Once that's done she's ready to start her day. She just needs a little assurance.

There are times when I feel as if my foot is slipping. the stress of situations can build up inside of me until I can't take it anymore. Sometimes it's my doing, other times it's happening because of what others have done. No matter the feeling of falling and wondering where God is can leave me feeling anxious.

These are the times I need a little assurance. I know I need to kneel at the altar or at the foot of my bed and take it to Him. Sometimes he sends it through a prayer of someone else. A devotional I read can also bring me the message I need to hear. The words of music can also bring me the assurance I need. Then I can face my problem because I know He's got this!


No comments:

Post a Comment