Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Really God, Did I Need More?

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV

When life deals you lemons, make lemonade.

What if I don't like lemonade?

Life continues to be crazy right now. I believe my stress level was at its peek. I really couldn't handle just one more thing.

Usually my summers are a little less crazy. I usually have more time to relax a little more, catch up my writing, catch up on my reading, pretty much catch up. For the past month though I feel like I'm lagging more behind and I will never catch up.

It's been one thing after another, after another, after another... There seems to be a joy stealer out there just lurking to take away any joy I might have left.

Even my trip to Texas ended with a problem. Someone managed to steal my credit card number. Luckily, my bank was right on it and not much was taken. Still there was the hassle of getting a new card and switching out my information at a few places. I was OK with this, I mean my card was way out of date. My family had the newest ones, and I was stuck in the past.

During my trip though my husband told me his foot is red and hurts. This was the start of something bigger. He made it to the doctor who diagnosed it and gave him some medicine. So in Texas I researched the problem and offered advice to him to help with the healing process.

After returning home, the foot saga continue with him constantly complaining about it. I gave him more advice, he disregarded it. He recalled the doctor and then was put on antibiotic. I looked forward to a weekend away relaxing, instead I spent the weekend serving. After advice from the ask a nurse, we took him to another doctor who diagnosed it with a completely different thing. New antibiotics and I believed he was finally on the mend. After all the swelling went down.

So I was completely shocked on Monday when he went to the doctor and instead of him saying keep up the good work, he sent my husband to the hospital. I'll admit it, I was upset. This foot thing wasn't a big deal!

I felt like I was ready to explode at a moments notice. I mean this was not my plan, and I was pretty sure this wasn't God's either. I guess I heard Him wrong. So for the next couple of days I walked around like unsure of why this was happening. Finally, I was able to cry and let go of some of the built up frustration I had.

During this I told God I was mad at Him. I knew he'd be OK with that since He already knew it and He understands. I know my little stresses aren't as big as some other people's and I know this isn't that big a deal compared to what other people have to go through. The one thing I do know is God grace is there for me even when I'm mad at Him. I also know He still loves me.

So even though I don't like lemons or lemonade, I can make something wonderful out of this because God works things out for good for those who love Him. I do love Him.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I needed this. I'm feeling disappointed prayers not answered to my likenings. So many things just messed up. I'll try to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete