Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A No Brainer

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

So this morning my day was interrupted by a knock at my door. Usually I try to ignore it (well truth be told, I hide). I don't like to answer the door unless it's someone I know. Today though I couldn't ignore it or hide. I was sitting in plain view.

Reluctantly, I saunter over to the door. "Hello, can I help you?" 

I knew before either lady said anything, that they were here to "save me". You know the ones I'm talking about.

"So can I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"What does the Bible mean to you?" 

Oh, an easy one; a no brainer. Yippee. "God's Holy Word."

For a moment there was silence. I think I stunned them. "Ok, can we leave this pamphlet?"

"Sure," and they were on their way.

God's word is truly Holy to me, something to be cherished, read, and treasured. Most everyday I take time to study, read, and mediate on this precious gift. 



At times I admit I get busy and don't take the time. It's at these times when my path begins to darken and I get confused on which way to go. Lucky for me I realize what's happening before the light completely grows dim. Quickly, I dive back into my instruction manual and my light is bright once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment