Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Almost Drowned

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25 NIV

We were all swimming in at the campground's pool. My mom and I decided to go a little deeper rest assured the little ones were staying where it was shallow.

The lifeguard decided to move, strange life guards don't move unless somethings wrong. My mom and I watched her, strange we thought she's coming our way. That's when I saw him, my four-year-old had followed us out and was now treading water.

My son almost drowned because I was watching the lifeguard! Good thing she was paying attention.

There have been other times in my life when I've felt like I was drowning. At times I felt like we were drowning in our own debt. The amount we owed every month was greater than the amount we took in. We were saved from this drowning by our life Savior. He helped us find a way out of the debt hole; sure we still owe money on things, but we are able to pay and no longer own credit cards.

Recently, I'm drowning in discouragement. Things are not going exactly as I have planned. Attendance has dropped at church and at times I wonder, am I still doing what God asks of me?

Also not as many as I would have liked have been interested in buying my book. Sometimes not very many people even read this blog. Again I ask myself, am I doing what you desire Lord?

It's at these times I look at what I'm doing to keep myself filled-am I reading the Bible enough? Am I praying enough? Am I really doing all God asks of me?

I'll hold up my hands as I sink down and trust that the Lord will pull me out.





This Sunday I'm going to try and expand a ministry we are already doing. After praying about it, I know this is God's plan so I will see where He's going to take it.

Still waiting to follow God's lead on my writing, and in the mean time I will feel blessed even when one person reads what God has put on my heart to share.

Good thing my life Savior is paying attention.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting that the first time I've read your blog, you've described just what I've been feeling. Thank you old friend. I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt that way so often...I find that when I am discouraged, especially in ministry, that I have to examine my own motives...even in parenting that is true. So I ask myself, "Is this all about God getting the glory...no matter what people say or do?" Be encouraged today friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. I guess that's why it happens to help us reevaulate.

    ReplyDelete