Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Does It Matter?

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:30 NIV

Have you ever wondered if what you do matters? This past month has been rather challenging and I've questioned myself: Am I making a difference? Do people care about what I share? Are the children in my ministry getting it?

Over Thanksgiving, I was presented with a challenge. I was told that what I do is not my calling but an obligation. Funny, but I don't see it that way at all. God has given me a gift of working with children and I believe He has also given me a gift of writing. Sure the children can drive me up the wall, and I write run-on sentences, but in my heart I know this is what God has called me to do.

Another challenged I have faced is people wanting to take away, something that I believe is important. I've prayed about it, and I don't see God wanting to take this ministry away. We may shake things up a bit, but I believe there is joy of serving God in this ministry even when the turn out is low.

After all the challenges life brought about, my heavenly Father sent me a message. Isn't it funny how He can send you the message you need just when you need it. Funny thing is I had this box with my order in it for two months, I had even opened the box to get the book out so I could get the lessons for next month. It wasn't until I finally removed every thing from this box when I received the message I needed.



God knew I needed to hear that "what you do matters". The nights serving at church. The time taken to write this blog. Writing books. Texting or talking to friends. So whether I only make a difference in one person's life or hundreds it's important that whatever I do it's all done for the glory of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment