Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Here We Go Again

I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me. Psalm 120:1 NIV

"Our daughter is going to go to a tutor a couple days a week, so let me know what the new rate will be," came the message from a father last week.

"What do you mean, what's the new rate," was my first thought. I'm barely hanging on with the amount I'm making and now I'm going to make even less.

I truly don't understand how I'm supposed to make it on even less guaranteed money. I pondered and worried for a few hours. Sure I prayed to God and tried to leave the worrying with Him. But the worry bug kept creeping in.

After all He has provided for us. In August I wasn't sure how we were going to make. Over the summer I had eleven children enrolled. One child's mother figured out a way to stay home, one child's parents work scheduled changed, two were only there for the summer, and one started in VPK. That really cut my salary in half.

I looked at the budget then and figured we could make it as long as I made a certain amount every week. When I figured out how much I needed to make each week I was going to make $7 more-yippee! Nothing really had to change except our date night.

Then one of the parents had to have surgery which worked out alright because for a couple weeks he came everyday. Now though he hasn't been coming while she recovers. So now my salary was once again cut and I had to cut back on groceries.

A blessing came when my husband got a raise. That made up for some of the lack of funds.

Now this wonderful news again of a decrease in pay. Once again I checked out the budget, and figured out how to cut groceries again and now unfortunately our tithe. It isn't something I want to do, but it's something I have to do.

So when I looked at the numbers today, we will be alright. It could be better, but we won't starve or lose anything. Just as long as nothing breaks down or anything unexpected comes up. Even then though God will provide.

As I sat in small group Friday night I saw a message that spoke to me, "God will bless us". He is there in my distress, even when I keep worrying. He will provide and continue to bless us. I just need to have faith that He's got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment