Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Enjoy the Sunshine of Today

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life more important than food and the body more important than clothes. Matthew 6:25 NIV

"Why save up for a rainy day, why not enjoy the sunshine of today?" a character on one of the shows I watch said. His statement set me to thinking.

Part of what he said is true, really we shouldn't go around worrying about everything. This time of year though, the worry tends to sneak up on you.

We were out shopping on Saturday, and at one point I began to worry if I had put enough money in our account. I quickly added in my head and figured we were still OK, but still I worried.

Another thing that can cause worry, is how in the world am I gonna get it all done. There are only so many hours in the day. A friend said, "I decided if the tree gets up, there's a wreath on the door, and a few presents under the tree. Then it'll all be good."  Sometimes in the stress of Christmas and with trying to keep all the traditions; we can lose sight of what Christmas is all about: "The Gift of Salvation."

Another part of me disagrees with what this character said. Sometimes you do need to save for a rainy day because sooner or later the rain does come. Let me tell you the rain does come. See if we go through our days unprepared for an unexpected event, then when the unexpected happens there will be chaos.

One of the best decisions we made this year was to prepare for a rainy day. It has been a blessing  and a great relief to know that we're a little better prepared for the rain. Still I have learned to not worry about life because I know who wins in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment