Tuesday, October 23, 2012

In The Dark

"...as to a light shining in a dark place until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." 2 Peter 1:19 b

I plugged the night light back in, but it didn't seem to be working. It was time for a new bulb, this one had burned out. There isn't a night light bulb to be found in the house though, so it'll have to stay out until we stop by the store again.

The bathroom is now dark, much like my feelings the last couple of days. Right after my birthday I got on the scale, I try to monitor my weight and measurements on a weekly basis. Much to my surprise I gained 5 pounds which can be expected after a weekend away. So I increased my exercise routine and even started walking, which the Lord was encouraging me to do.

Every week I recheck my progress, weight stayed measurements though decreased some. This past Saturday I get on the scale again, I'd gained 5 more pounds. That's 10 pounds in 6 weeks! I truly do not understand why. I'm exercising more, and eating about the same. I try to make wise choices, but hey I do enjoy food. I try to limit myself to one helping, I try to snack on things that are lower in fat. So why the weight gain?

I admit I'm not a skinny minnie and probably won't be, but I do think I'm fit. I follow a work out video followed by 264 stomach crunches, 264 gluteal squeezes, 264 leg lifts both sides. Now most nights I'm walking at least 20 minutes. So I admit this gaining of weight has me feeling in the dark.

One day the light will replace the dark, I know the Lord has a plan as to why so I'll just wait for him to tell me. I will not give up the light will soon dawn.

1 comment:

  1. Hormones have tons to do with weight in us women! Hope you find the reason.

    ReplyDelete