Tuesday, February 21, 2012

To Fall Or Not to Fall

He fulfills the desire of those fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. Psalm 145:18 NIV

My foot was stuck, I knew I was going down. In the flash of a moment my entire day changed. The things I wanted to accomplish all changed as soon as my head met up with the door frame.

When I realized I was going down, there wasn't anything I could do about it. Except pray and hope for the best. The pain that has followed has been with me now for about a week. If only I could go back and prepare myself better.

Isn't there times when we look back, and wish we could have a chance to do over. Maybe a chance not to fall or fail, a chance to get it right the first time. It's from these falls and failures though, that we learn, grow, and hopefully change the way we do things.

As I look back, I know those hard times have been the times I've reached out for God. I've learn to depend on Him, and know that I can't stay in the light without Him.

So even though sometimes my plans change, I know that God is with me and will see me through. He helped me in the ER, by miraculously getting me in a room and helping me keep my focus during the CAT scan. I wish I didn't fall, but it was during this time that I realized how much I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment