Sunday, July 19, 2020

I'm Not The Script Writer

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Every night of the play I wrote had gone well, then one night changed it all. There was a problem backstage and once that was taken care of we headed to our places. I took my place waiting for my cue, when I noticed on stage a new actor. This person had not rehearsed with us, he didn't know the part. Then as I listened for my cue, the script had been rewritten.

I was told he was given permission, but since I was the author and director I wondered why I wasn't informed. I accepted it,  since it would look bad to interrupt this scene. The next scene we will get back to the script the way it was written. But this was not the case the rest of the show was chaos. The audience never settled down and I ended up in tears.

Luckily, this was a dream but it sent me a good message "I'm not the script writer of my life."

2020 has shown us that we indeed are not the script writers, but neither are other people. 

Maybe you thought you'd be married by now....

Maybe your plan was to be able to move out on your own...

Maybe you thought you'd be working...

Maybe you planned to have your dream wedding...

Maybe you thought married life would make your life wonderful...

Maybe your plan was to have a baby...

Maybe you thought you would have your dream vacation...

Maybe your plan was to have a graduation ceremony...

Maybe you thought you could worship in church...

Maybe you planned for someone to recover...

Our plans don't always go the way we scripted it out. Sometimes someone comes in and rewrites the script causing chaos. What are we to do when life seems to spiraling out of control? Go to the one who can keep things in control.

God has good plans for us. He doesn't want to harm us. God is our hope and our future. Even when our script changes, God has a better one written for us because we are not the script writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment