Friday, January 19, 2018

Trust Enough

He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him. 1 Chronicles 5:20b

"Do I trust enough?" I sometimes wonder, especially when things don't seem to be happening in my timing.

Funny, how stressful life can get.

During the summer God blessed us with a new camper, of course for us this means monthly payments. We already had payments for the camper before. But in my mind we were able to do this because something I thought might happen wasn't going to happen. But it did happen and my day care plummeted to three.

Which made for a crazy few months for us. This involved a decrease in our income, but we managed. We had to eliminate extras and cut down on a few things while we waited. I trusted God had a plan and if He lead us to it, He certainly would get us through it.

During this time I tried to be faithful, I did what I thought God asked of me and yet things weren't happening the way I wanted them too. Still things were happening.

I had an interview for a new day care child and felt really hopeful. But after a few weeks without hearing anything back I thought maybe they had decided on somewhere else. God in the mean time brought back one child which was very helpful. Christmas has a way of draining the bank account, so this was a blessing especially when the van broke down.

Then when I least expected it, the family calls and I did get the new day care child! Then with her starting all of a sudden more phone calls (because of her mom sharing) and inquiries, and another child starts next week. Then with another message, another new child might start and I have a waiting list.

This entire time I had been asking my prayer warriors to pray for new day care kids and I trusted that God would work it all out. As usual He has done more than I expected.

But I am still wondering something, do the people at our church trust enough? I am trying not to get discouraged because I see God working in BIG ways, but for some reason He hasn't quite worked in BIG ways with the finances. There have been a few surprises for which we are grateful, but it isn't quite enough yet. I have done the things I believed He led me to do and yet they aren't really adding much income either.

I am wondering, does the whole church need to trust God completely before He can move in BIG ways? Do we as a community of believers all need to trust, then God can answer our prayer?

I believe He can do it, I just hope everyone else trust in Him as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment