Friday, June 16, 2017

One Day the Rain Will Come

12 

Do not be far from me, my God; come quickly, God, to help me. Psalm 71:12

The ducks in the drainage ditches out front looked so pitiful. There they were five ducks all trying to squeeze into the tiniest puddle of water. The ditches themselves were sad looking with the bottom all cracked and parched, one would have thought it hadn't rained in years rather than just a few months.


There are times in my life when I feel dry and cracked. Some times it's in my marriage when my husband and I seem so busy we can't even take a few moments to sit down and talk. Sometimes it's at church when nothing seems to be going right. Other times it's in my prayer time with God.


During these times it feels like God is far from me and I just need a few drops of His love sprinkled my way. After what someone said last night, I felt discouraged and weary like everything I've done has been for nothing. I prayed and let God know how I felt, and how I know the message I received was not from Him. Still I felt bogged down my this.


I quickly reached out to those prayer warriors I have found over the last few months and each one responded to me with words of encouragement. One even took the time to text the prayer she was praying right to me. Boy, did I feel God raining down on me! Others responded quickly as well and a few even called.


So luckily for me, God did respond quickly! I also know that for this much weariness and discouragement to try and bring me down; God is about to move in a big way!


Our ducks in the ditches are much happier now, rainy season has begun. Our ditches are now overflowing. I know that God's love for me overflows even when I feel dry or discouraged.


No comments:

Post a Comment