Thursday, November 19, 2015

We Must Pray...

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:44 NIV

Pray for Paris

Pray for Beruit

Pray for wherever they may strike next

These senseless attacks and the people who they hurt, families who lost a loved one or their loss of a sense of peace certainly need prayers. I wonder though are we missing something?

Terror begins to fill us when we hear of these attacks and the uncertainty of more. We begin to become uncaring and say we don't want to help out and allow refugees here. We worry about ourselves and stop thinking about others.

Is this how we are called to be? What if they didn't let the great, great, great, great grandma of ours here? Would we be living here now?

The Lord tells, "So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NIV  and in Psalm 23:4b "I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me."

God wants us to trust in him, and move forward in His strength. We are not to hide away in fear, and we are to love people He after all created each of us. Sure some of those he created have turned away and don't want anything to do with Him. It's those we need to really be praying for.

We need to pray that those who want to strike fear in us.  We need to pray that they would find the true God, that their plans would be stopped, and no one else would have to die. We need to pray also for those who have been displaced and have no where to go and just maybe their new home would be in America.

"With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies." Psalm 108:13 NIV




No comments:

Post a Comment