Thursday, October 15, 2015

Get Out of the Way

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1 NIV

"Where is it? Why can't I find it when I want it? It appears whenever I'm not looking for it, but as soon as I want it. It's gone." Looking in the Tupperware cabinet for a lid can be challenging. I thought I out smarted the lids by putting them in a bowl, but no one still slips away and hides.

Sometimes I purposely avoid using one of my bowls because I can never find the lid when I want it. Today though I had no choice, all the other containers the right size already have food in them so I have to use this one. I looked and looked through the lids, not there. Of course not, it's never around when I want it.

Finally, I lifted the bowl containing the lids out of the cabinet and sure enough there it was hiding behind all the others.

A few weeks back I had a very stressful week. Each day seemed to be more stressful than the day before. If it wasn't one thing going wrong it was another. The children in my care were the worse they'd been in awhile. Finally, I lost it I sat there crying. I was at my wits end. I had been praying specifically for each child and the problem I was having with him/her. The more I prayed the worse they became.

This weekend I was reminded that I need to get rid of all that entangles me. I need to free myself from things that get in my way of being in His glory. Finally, I prayed and left it all with Him. His goodness finally was found underneath all the frustration and stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment