Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Around the Block Answers

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24 NIV

On my comfy couch I sat. I sat and prayed while enjoying the view of the tress out the window. This is my favorite place to pray, most of the time it's quiet and peaceful.

On this particular day, I asked for something and I believed it would happen. I've prayed this specific pray before and I knew that one day God will answer. To my surprise before the day was done God had answered my prayer. I believed it was all going to work out.

To my surprise though, God had a few detours for me to take before the final yes came. I admit while waiting I became distraught. I was totally confused as to why there were stumbling blocks in the path when I felt like God had already answered my prayer.

I believed that the answer for sure would happen on a certain day, and when it didn't I became worried. Did I hear God right? Was this just my plan and not His? Why did I think it was a yes when now it looked like a no?

During my prayer time that day, I still praised Him. I still asked. I tried to leave it at His feet, but again I picked it up. I wasn't done worrying about it. Finally by that evening, I surrendered everything to Him. I said, "whatever happens, happens."

To my delight God answer was a yes, it just came a day later than I expected. God's timing is always right on time even if He has to go around the block first.


No comments:

Post a Comment