Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Faithfulness Continues

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:4-5 NIV

"Why am I feeling this way? It's not like tonight is her last night of dance," I questioned myself as my throat clogged up and I felt the tears coming. I thought I was ready and was tougher than this. Sure I knew tears would come, but not quite yet.

This baby of mine, we go way back. After the birth of our second son, I began praying for a daughter. Not for her to come right away, after all I wanted to enjoy my new baby, but one day. I told God several times I'd like a daughter.

When I found out I was expecting again a couple years later, I knew she was the daughter I'd asked for. Sure I still wasn't positive, but I had a mother's instinct. So when I went for an ultrasound to see her, I wasn't surprised when she wouldn't cooperate. She was being shy, and God was saying "Trust me."

On the day of her arrival, we barely made it to the hospital. She, like me, was born within fifteen minutes of our arrival. Joy filled my heart as my husband and I rejoiced at her birth.

Joy has filled me most everyday watching her grow up to be a creative young lady. I've tried to raise her the way God intended me too. Sure at times she gets a little quick tempered and doesn't always listen to me, but for the most part she tries her best to walk with God.

There are times when she's made me cry, when she's made me lose my temper, and when she's driven me absolutely batty. Her brothers have done the same. As we complete this journey of her childhood, I wouldn't change a single day, well there was that one day...

This weekend I am sure the tears will fall. I am sure there will be lots of hugs and kisses. I am also sure there will be joy and singing praises to God because His faithfulness to us has seen us through. So congratulations baby girl, I love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment